Micro tunnelling is less publicised than the better known, large diameter alternative, segmental lined tunnelling.
Micro tunnelling is an often cost-effective method of installing large diameter pipelines across shorelines, waterways, roads, and other locations.
Our engineering design expertise covers the full range of micro-tunnelling including:
- Earth Pressure Balance (EPBM) & Slurry Shields
- Soft soil and hard rock tunnelling
- Long crossings (multiple interjack stations)
- Horizontal & vertical curved profiles
- Retractable micro-tunnelling
- Steel, concrete and GRP pipes
- Steerable auger boring
- Sheetpiled & segmented launch and reception shafts
- TBM recovery from seabed for shoreline crossings, such as for pipeline landfalls, water intakes and effluent outfalls.